Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Crawfish



I had never had crawfish before visiting TX. I'd heard of crawfish and had eaten everything in between, but this little crustacean never made it to my plate. Despite being a Mainer I'm actually not a big lobster fan, I'd opt for crab or shrimp any day. Maybe subconsciously I convinced myself they would taste like little lobsters because that's what they look like. I'm a little upset I went so long without trying them though because they are delicious! While in Austin my friend took us to the Crawfish Shack & Oyster Bar, a casual little spot where they serve you delicious cajun style seafood goodness in a giant metal pan. Buckets are of course provided to toss the remains of your sloppy meal. We got a mix of half shrimp and half crawfish all mixed in with red potatoes and corn.

Nom nom nom.

I love spicy food, perhaps in another life I was a southern native. I'm looking forward to diving into one of these enormous dishes again, that's for sure.


1 comment: