Monday, March 2, 2015

Bring on the Spring



Since it's officially the month of Spring, I felt inclined to post about something that reminds me of anything other than snow and the freezing cold. Since TX was the theme last time, I'll stick to it for now. Remember how that resort was nestled atop a mountain surrounded by forests overlooking a lake? Here's a view of that from their pool. I'd never been to a place like this, let alone travel much, so I needed to snap a photo so the memory could stay alive. I grew up in a family where your work ethic took precedence over everything; if you didn't have three jobs, you weren't doing it right. If you weren't always tired, you weren't doing it right. If you had time to take a vacation, you weren't doing it right.

These days my dad does travel a lot. He's worked very hard his whole life and now takes 1-2 vacations a year to travel overseas. Granted he still puts in 60 hour work weeks and has two jobs which allow him only Sundays off, but he does that so he can take those trips to France, Egypt, and Cyprus. This is all still very recent though, within the past five years or so.

Surrounded by people who never took a break made me nervous to ever take a break. I felt as though I was lazy if I had too much free time, I was concerned that spending money on a vacation was considered frivolous. But now I see my dad enjoying himself, even my sister who is also a workaholic traveled to Jamaica before starting her new job as a probation officer recently. 

Basically the moral of the story is that I need to take a damn vacation. We are going to make this move down south EPIC. I can't wait to travel down the east coast, stopping at major cities and sites, visiting attractions like the zoo (I've never been to a zoo so bear with my lame excitement). Maybe even Disney?? My mind literally can't handle the excitement of seeing so many new things. Cheers to that.

1 comment:

  1. I've always thought of a vacation as a good way to restore yourself.

    ReplyDelete