Monday, March 9, 2015

Brunch



I loveeee me some brunch. I am all about eggs benedict and am on a constant journey to find the best plate. The squeeze and I frequent Hot Suppa often, it's about a five minute walk from our apartment so that helps too. But mainly we go there for the delicious eggs benny. I opt for the fried green tomato and he the Canadian bacon version. I feel like this is the only place in Portland that does hashbrowns?! Everywhere else it's homefries this and homefries that. 

I told the squeeze I wanted to try out as many different brunch spots as possible before our big move. He obliged wholeheartedly. So yesterday we stopped at Caiola's in the West End. It's a cute little place that's longer than it is wide. I ordered the veggie benedict while he got his fill of protein with the steak and eggs. Brunch was yummy! But if we're being totally honest with each other... I still think I prefer Hot Suppa.

On to the next brunch location!

5 comments:

  1. Eggs benedict is always a welcome meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth is watering!! Haven't been to Hot Suppa. Hot Suppa serves Hot Brunch?? Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I never really realized the name isn't indicative of it's menu. I think they do serve lunch and dinner, we've only ever been to brunch though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Better than that... serves break-fast and brunch, but Hot Suppa doesn't serve 'supper'. What's up with that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they DO, Birdman!! Pay attention to what Yelena told ya! Sheesh. (not on Sundays, tho..)

      Delete