Monday, March 30, 2015

Brunch III



We're at it again! Yesterday we took a nice stroll from our apartment up to the top of State Street where Petite Jacqueline sits. We previewed a bunch of restaurant menus and this one caught our attention. Mainly because eggs benedict. The restaurant has a cool retro 60's mixed with Paris vibe to it, very sunny and not too crowded as well. The menu had changed slightly than the one we saw online, but that definitely didn't sway our decision to eat there. 

The squeeze opted for the bistro burger with a fried egg on top. If they serve hamburgers in heaven I feel like this would be on the menu. The most tender and juiciest burger ever! At a French place! Who knew! Even the fries made your mouth water. I ordered the plat de saumon, or salmon benedict. Also mouth watering. That ramen-looking thing on the bottom right of my plate is called rösti, which is actually Swiss hash browns. It kinda looked like fried noodles, but had the consistency of mashed potatoes in the center.

I may have gotten a little carried away with brunch cocktails, two in and I was starting my Sunday off with a bang. Their mimosas are so very good, I also ordered some sort of a mix of gin, chambord, and champagne that had a sugar coated rim and lemon rind. J'adore Petite Jacqueline! 

2 comments:

  1. I think I just gained 2 lbs just reading this 'review'. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eggs benedict are quite a welcome meal!

    ReplyDelete