Wednesday, March 4, 2015

BBQ for Days



The same resort I stayed at in Austin, Travaasa, held an event with food vendors of epic proportions. We also had to wiggle our way into this party, basically slipping in with our non-existent tickets and flashing a smile like we were supposed to be there. There was BBQ everywhere! I mean of course, it's TX, but still! It wasn't limited to just delicious grilled meats that melted off the bone, there was a bakery that had endless amounts of cupcakes and cookies on display, and even vendors that were offering up their rums, vodkas, and collection of beers. Grapefruit infused vodka was a big hit there, apparently it's popular down south? No complaints from this girl, I eat half a grapefruit every night.

The scenery was completely fitting. There was a live band that played banjos while wearing cowboy boots, and scattered from the trees were mason jars with lights inside. The picnic tables sat underneath a large white tent to shield us from the sun, but it was just the perfect amount of heat for a summer day.

One of the vendors was the owner and crew of The Salt Lick, a very popular BBQ haven. I say very popular but that's probably an understatement, they have 2,300 reviews on Yelp alone. After sampling their BBQ at the party, my friend Katrina took me to the actual restaurant for my last dinner in TX. It was, of course, on point.

I told the squeeze we'd go there together.

2 comments: