Friday, March 27, 2015

Butterflies



This is the time I almost convinced the squeeze to get a puppy. I finally came to my senses and realized we were not at a place and time to A) afford a puppy B) our apartment is way too small to add a fourth member C) we're moving in a few months and D) deep down I really want a corgi.

But here they are in their adorable furry glory. These little buggers are papillons, their name means butterfly (check out those ears) in French, how cute! I forget their names, but mum and dad were show dogs and had a surprise litter. Whoops. The woman who owns the pack of pups has an entire household filled with papillons, it was quite the glorious experience to walk into her backyard and see an army of frilly-eared toy dogs running at you. 

None of the puppies were apparently show worthy so they all needed to relocate to new homes. My friend who is a dog trainer invited me up to see them so they could become more comfortable being around people, besides, who would say no to visiting a bunch of puppies?! That was my first mistake, thinking I could be around them and not fall in love with each little butterfly. My friend even convinced the squeeze and I to take one of the puppies with us when we got ice-cream. Another fundamentally bad idea. 

Of course by the end of our visit I was so attached to one puppy that I nearly cried when we left. I know, you don't have to say it, I'm ridiculous. The squeeze and I went back and forth about the pros and cons for bringing one home, it was obvious the cons outweighed the pros by a mile, but I refused to admit it. I finally came around and realized how unfair it would be for this little butterfly to live in such a small space and then travel down south with us in such a short period of time.

So alas, we are puppy-free. Hopefully not forever though!

1 comment: