Thursday, July 16, 2015

Tacos



Guess what I'm doing right now? A happy jig because I finally completed the Taco Escobarr wall commission! I know, you're probably raising an eyebrow thinking these look familiar and that I'm not on my game today. They are the same paintings from a previous post, but I had to add three more; the scorpion, arrows, and shrimp, so technically you're right. It's a huge relief though, not to mention I'm looking forward to not having wooden boards littering our living room floor. I also can't wait to see them up on the wall at the restaurant! It'll be a nice feeling to leave something behind that's memorable in our hometown, I'm hoping it gets a lot of positive feedback from taco lovers and margarita sippers alike.

What's your favorite? I'm partial to the skull, because, well, I love to draw dead things. That sounds a lot more morbid than I mean... I just love skulls.

The squeeze is going to help out and bring the wall they will be hanging from back to life, it's been displaying several varieties of artwork for First Friday over the months and as a result looks like a slice of Swiss cheese. It needs a lot of TLC and spackle to say the least. So after some filler and a fresh coat of paint, up they go!

I will definitely take a picture of their final resting place (pun intended) once everything is set up.

1 comment: