Monday, July 13, 2015

Sweet American Summer



I feel like this picture does a pretty good job of summing up one aspect of summer, delicious cold sweet summer treats! Did I mention how much I love that we can walk from our apartment to any spot our hearts desire?? (I know I have several times, it's a rhetorical question, let me bathe in the glory that is downtown living!)

I suggested ice cream on one 80+ degree evening, the squeeze had never been to Mount Desert over on Exchange Street so we happily made the trek out. On a side note, he was very upset to learn that they never took the obvious opportunity to call it Mount Dessert Desert Ice Cream. Anyway, they have two other locations in Bar Harbor, apparently President Obama ordered their coconut ice cream once when he visited our great state and they continued to sell out of it afterwards. Coconut is one of my favorite flavors ever, touché Mr.Obama. 

Neither of these are coconut though, these days I've coconut-ed myself out. The bottom scoop is their Maine Mint and the top is the Coriander Blackberry Ripple Streusel. The mint was my favorite, and despite my love for neon colors I was very happy this wasn't some crazy psychedelic green that mint flavors usually are. If I recall correctly I think one of the girls behind the counter said they mixed actual mint leaves throughout it, yummmm.

I love summer for everything it has to offer, and binging on local ice cream shop stock is right at the top of the list.

2 comments:

  1. Never been there. It's on the list now however.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy. I've got a particular fondness for a cherry cheesecake ice cream.

    ReplyDelete