Monday, July 6, 2015

239




That's only how old America is, and to think, there are some super-centenarian's out there who are close to half that age! We did what every other New Englander did on the 4th of July, binge eat until your pants cut the circulation off to the lower half of your body. BBQ, margaritas, cheese and crackers, desserts, 100 types of salads, buffalo chicken dip, nachos, ugh you name it. They should include a warning before every 4th of July party; "eat at your own risk, stretchy waistband pants highly encouraged." 

Aside from the amount of food that could easily feed a family of 10 for two weeks, it's always a good time to see and be with people who are important to you. As cheesy as it sounds, it's true! Especially since we are moving soon, it's been brought to my attention that I am a huge sap (surprise) so I have been trying to meet with the people who are most important to me as often as I can before we go. Our first stop over the weekend was friends of the squeeze's family, Bonnie and Paul. I've been fortunate enough to meet these two a bunch of times, they're always smiling and I've enjoyed every outing that they've been a part of. Not to mention they have a gorgeous house by the water where they host their annual 4th of July party, so that doesn't hurt.



Afterwards we made our way to my (bear with me) long-time friend Amanda's husband's grandmother's home in Buxton. It got too cold for pool shenanigans, too cold for anything holiday related really. The icing on the cake for the night was walking down down to Bonny Eagle Pond after sunset and watching the fireworks literally go off above our heads. We sat underneath some large trees but phosphorous pieces still managed to rain on us, fortunately no one caught on fire. All around the lake people were setting off their own fireworks show, everywhere you looked you saw little explosions. A thick fog of smoke from the fireworks sat on the water, it looked a little like a scene out of a Halloween movie. A successful 4th of July if I do say so myself!


2 comments: