Saturday, July 18, 2015

Big Dog



That's basically what I thought I saw on the highway the other day. It obviously wasn't a big dog but rather a huge horse sticking his head out the window enjoying the highway ride. It would have been hilarious if his tongue was sticking out and his jowls were flapping everywhere. Horses are essentially huge canines you can ride, right? Except with a dog you don't have to worry about losing a toe, or five, if they misstep.

I remember a couple years ago I visited a friend out-in-the-middle-of-nowhere Bridgton, his family had a single huge Clydesdale with his own fenced in area set up in the front yard. He.Was.Massive. I've always wondered if animals can smell fear, if they can then I probably reeked to him. I was terrified of being so close to an enormous animal, it felt like I was standing next to a dinosaur (or what I image standing next to a dinosaur feels like). My cautiousness (or fear, call it what you will) came in handy when he bumped into me and nearly crushed my foot, I jumped back but he still managed to step on the edge of my shoe and squashed my baby toe. I had a pretty gnarly bruise for about two weeks.

I'll probably just stick to actual dogs, preferably smaller ones.

3 comments:

  1. My sister in law has two. One of them doesn't like men, but is perfectly fine around women.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be careful. In TX some dogs are as big as horses... everything is bigger in the Lonestar state.

    ReplyDelete