Friday, July 17, 2015

Holy



They must have named their establishment Holy Donut because it's the closet thing to heaven that us mere mortals have on this good earth. But really though. If you've never had the opportunity to try a Holy Donut, make a trip to Portland, Maine, or have someone you know in Portland ship some to you. I don't know if that's legal or not but I would worry about the minor details later. This particular beauty is their pomegranate donut *insert Wile ECoyote with tongue hanging to the floor* Did I mention that these are potato donuts? And for their sweet potato donuts they use actual sweet potatoes

Oh lawd. 

The potato makes them have a cake-like texture instead of that typical dry and crumbly stuff you so often find yourself biting into. The two shops in Portland are open for a good chunk of the day, but they tend to close once they sell out of donuts... which is very often. I am unfortunately stuck at work all afternoon so I won't be making any Holy stops today, but rest assured we will be taking some with us once we start our journey! I'll probably look into this shipping donuts things as well...

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like something one would get addicted to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So they are vegetables! Good to know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never tried one. Give me sugar. Give me coconut. Give me glaze. Oh ya, pleeeze?

    ReplyDelete