Thursday, July 23, 2015

Ogest



This is Ogest, he was my dad's wife's dog. He unfortunately passed away a few weeks ago, at a ripe old age though. My dad's wife resides in Nizhny Novgorod, the 5th largest city in Russia. After years of paperwork and signatures she is finally able to come to the U.S. and purchased a one way ticket for August 4th. Originally she was going to bring Ogest and her second dog, a little toy Yorkie, but Ogest passed suddenly. 

I was looking forward to meeting him, over the 12+ years they have been married my dad has shown me several photos of Ogest and told me when he would travel to Russia and stay for long periods of time that he grew accustomed to his snoring. Losing a pet is losing a family member, it's something we have all had to come to grips with at some point in our lives as our pets don't outlive us. It's upsetting to accept that reality, but all we can do is make the best of our time with them and enjoy every silly animal moment. 

My dad's wife and I aren't too close, no personal reasons, we've just been an Atlantic Ocean apart so we haven't had time to really get to know one another. But I wanted to give her something when she does arrive here in August so perhaps things are a little easier. I'm sure I would have loved Ogest, how could you not with that big grin??


4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea!!!! Does she speak English?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does to a degree, she's taken several ESL classes but I'm not sure at this point how well she knows it. We'll find out!

      Delete