Friday, June 5, 2015

Skulls and Roses



I can officially and happily say that I finally finished the painting project our friends commissioned me to do.

*breathes huge sigh of relief*

I always feel like I have a million and one things looming over my head to begin with, so when I added this project to the list I was a little overwhelmed. But that's how I am by nature, easily overwhelmed. So one day at a time I chipped away at it, only in the recent past couple of days did I really tackle it full force. I turned into a little couch monster covered in paint, I took over the whole living room with my neon acrylics and take-out food. But alas, it is done! I know you're probably thinking 'hey, those are pretty simple images to get all hot and bothered over,' and they are. But I'm painfully a perfectionist, so sometimes things take a little longer.

Here's to the next project!

4 comments:

  1. Saw them in real life. Fabulous!!! How many? 6?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Yes, six! Meg says she'll want three more after because the wall can hold nine total, but I told her not to overload me with projects until I finished these first haha

      Delete
  2. Yes. So vibrant in color. On seeing them hang, I'd order and extra taco and beer.

    ReplyDelete