Friday, June 12, 2015

Jurassic World



Well, we did it, we saw Jurassic World! After a year (but what felt like an eternity) of waiting we finally sat down in front of the massive IMAX screen and threw on our 3D glasses. In my manic obsessive ways I hit the refresh button for weeks trying to claim early tickets. When they finally became available I punched in my credit card info faster than you could say 'I love Jurassic Park.'

I was headstrong about getting there an hour early, I wanted to beat the other JP fanatics to the best seats in the house. We arrived about five minutes later than I wanted, which of course sent me into a frenzy as I watched people make their way into the theater. That being said, I am very lucky to have someone like the squeeze, he doesn't question my obsession or think I'm crazy, instead he happily modeled his JP t-shirt and filled my purse with snacks for the three hours we'd be glued to our seats.

When we arrived the theater was already 1/4 full, I thank my crazy JP instincts in wanting to get there so early. Before we knew it the place completely filled up, but not before we managed to score perfect seats in the middle row. There were people sporting JP t-shirts left and right, it was super exciting being surrounded by other JP fans!

The movie was everything I'd hoped it would be, I laughed, I cried, I cried again. There were so many references to the original movie that you couldn't help but feel an overwhelming sense of nostalgia. They played original music, (spoiler alert ahead) the original T-Rex showed up, familiar beige and red Jeeps, and even the main building with the fossil decor and symbolic banner made an appearance!

It was almost too much for me to handle. Almost.

Do I miss the days of realistic puppets and animatronics? Of course. To this day I still think Jurassic Park is one of the best and most realistic science fiction movies I have ever seen. That being said, the CGI was way better than I had nervously anticipated! It was a great 'sequel' to the original, and I think that's all anyone could ask for.

Who wants to go see it again?!

7 comments:

  1. Is that the squeeze's original JP tee?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought the shirt for the squeeze at Target like a year ago, but I steal it and wear it all the time at home. As far as the photographer goes, I saw a couple trying to take a selfie in front of the display, so I offered to take one for them and in return they took our photo!

      Delete