Thursday, April 16, 2015

Sunset



The squeeze and I headed to the gym the other day, when we got out of the car I stopped and pointed to the sky. It was the most brilliant cotton candy sunset I'd seen this year. Winter is not known for it's beautiful skyline, it's usually too busy wreaking havoc upon the Northeast to produce anything other than grey skies. So when I noticed for the first time something other than dismal clouds I was taken aback. "Quick, take a picture before it goes away!"

My mom used to tell me that the most colorful sunsets meant hot weather was headed our way. I hope that's true because that sounds wonderful right about now.

The squeeze asked if there would be sunsets like this in Texas, I told him I definitely think so, especially if that sunset theory is correct. It's always incredibly hot down there so that could potentially mean kaleidoscope skies every night of the week,

I guess we'll have to wait and see. 

2 comments:

  1. I think the expression for us went red sky at night, sailor's delight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never got a sky like that. Without lenses, that's pretty good.

    ReplyDelete