Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Lone Star Kitty



Sunday is the day I look forward to the most. I have a day off in the middle of the week, but that's reserved for boring errands like laundry and vacuuming. Sunday is when I get to do some of my favorite things, A) sleep in with no alarm screaming me awake B) go out to brunch with the squeeze C) hang out with this little feline D) and we can't forget about getting gelato. I snapped this photo while the squeeze and I were lounging around planning out the day, Pig hurried over in her usual adorable manner mewing away, leaped onto us, nestled down on the squeeze's chest, and dozed off. What a character. 

This past Sunday we went to a BBQ at my sister's, questions about our move came up. El Papa asked about Pig and our plans for her, I told him we were figuring it out as far as getting her to TX goes. Now I know my dad means well, but sometimes his filter seriously malfunctions. He suggested we simply give Pig up and find her a home elsewhere. My sister jokingly (and horribly) suggested we put her down for a permanent nap. Way to set the mood for a BBQ.

My family has never been the type to be full of feelings. You can see my fear and dilemma and leaving her with one of them, the odds of her disappearing seem high.

Do not fret Pig, you will be a Lone Star kitty.

2 comments:

  1. What a sweetie she is.

    If she's not already used to driving, it might be a good idea of getting her into it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No fear Pig. WE will work out a plan.

    ReplyDelete