Friday, April 24, 2015

Brunch V



Hellooo Central Provisions. When I see "small plates" and "tapas" on a menu I roll my eyes, what makes one restaurant think they're too good to serve meal sized portions anyway? I always thought it was a bit of a stuck up approach. "Pay the same but get smaller portions!? I'm in!" - said no one ever

Ok, maybe I was a little judgmental for never having tried a "tapas" style menu. In this instance I will eat my words. And everything on said menu. Just because they are small plates by no means does it insinuate that you won't be full, we learned that first hand.

We managed to get to CP right as they opened on a Sunday, in fact, we were the first ones there (this is a rare occurrence so give us some credit). Everyone on Yelp kept raving about this Bread & Butter dish. It's literally what it sounds like, but the butter has a mix of hazelnut flavor in it and there's a frothy egg on top. An interesting take on your regular ol' bread and butter!

As for our brunch main meals, I opted for the Skillet Cornbread and the squeeze got a hefty Fried Chicken Sandwich topped with an egg and sweet pickles. Our waitress told me that the cornbread mix is poured into the skillet, then baked, half-way through they take it out and crack an egg into the center then toss it back in to finish. The result is the epic meal pictured above: crispy bacon, melted cheese, sweet cornbread, and a slightly runny egg. *two thumbs up*

So I guess tapas and small plates aren't all that terrible.

2 comments:

  1. That does look tasty. I've never actually had cornbread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never, ever?? You should definitely try it!

      Delete