Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Neon



I loved my Lancer. She was bright blue, had a great sound system, could play DVD's, and her neon shoes you could see from 10 miles away. I remember the day I came home after picking up my freshly powder-coated wheels, my dad stepped outside and stared with his mouth open, what did you do? I really didn't care about anyone's reaction, I thought it looked awesome. Kids loved the set up, everywhere I drove they would pull at their moms' hand and point excitedly. It was like driving around in a Hot Wheels.

I added some other touches along the way, removing the emblems, tinting the windows and taillights, installing a side plate bracket, and blacking out the front bumper. But alas, the girl had some miles on her. I don't think you can tell in the photo that she was encroaching on 100k, once that number hit though things started to go sour. One ball joint here, one shaky tranny there. I tried to justify getting a new car, but settled for well I just want a new one. The timing couldn't have been better though. Little did I know that upon agreeing to purchase my new car there was a five month wait ahead of me for it to arrive. Fast forward to five months later and I needed a new car.

I hated to see her go, but she would have bitterly become a money pit. We weren't able to sell her as part of our pre-owned inventory as she didn't pass our shop's inspection, so off to wholesale she went. At that rate we don't know what happens to cars, she could be sitting on some local mom and pop shop's lawn, she could have been parted out, or worse, the dump. I'd like to think she was at least too nice for the dump.

I did take one souvenir though. The wheels. Currently they are sitting in my dad's closet, I am on a journey to try and sell them. Wish me luck. 

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha!
    Try those little guys who were pulling their mommies and pointing.

    ReplyDelete