Monday, May 25, 2015

DQ



This picture has two of my favorite things in it, can you guess?? Ice-cream and Jurassic Park, of course. We had a pretty eventful Sunday, and I binged pretty hard on food. Limiting oneself to cottage cheese and tiny cucumbers during the week is great and all, but I still gotta live. 

We made it out to Elevation Burger and I was in cheesy/saucy/spicy/savory heaven with a side of fries. Afterwards we headed to our local Dairy Queen, it was pleasantly not busy, surprising for a sunny Sunday. I wolfed down one of DQ's new flavors, brownie cookie dough. If there is a place in the sky where one goes after ingesting copious amounts of sugar then I was definitely headed there. Totally worth it. Did I mention that the DQ cups were Jurassic World themed?? Only 18 more days!

We scooted ourselves to the big Cinemagic in Westbrook after and caught the 6:50pm showing of Mad Max: Fury Road. I heard good things about this movie, and I can happily say it definitely lived up to the expectations. Grunge, lots of explosion, a bald Charlize Theron, and a little feminism mixed with comic-book like effects. Although I'm still not sure why it's named after Max (I know there are older originals of the movie so maybe that has something to do with it), considering the main characters were for the most part gun-wielding women who drove post-apocalyptic rigs.

Speaking of remakes, the new Poltergeist is out, I'm pretty sure that's next on our list. After that will be none other than Jurassic World. I will probably be unreachable on premier night because I will be standing outside the movie theater the second it opens.


3 comments:

  1. I saw Fury Road and loved it. If I've ever been in a DQ, it would have been as a kid. There's actually one a short walk from my home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'll just settle for a medium Hawaiian Blizzard.

    ReplyDelete