Saturday, May 9, 2015

Graduation



The USM Class of 2015 is graduating today, congrats guys! Since the Art Department is relatively small, most of us had classes together up until the very end. Many of us graduated last year, the rest of the art crew are snagging their degrees today. My dad and grandparents waited patiently and gleefully, for what seemed like an eternity, for me to run up and grab my degree. 

I had taken a couple years off from college, not necessarily to 'find myself' but more or less to take a break. You go to school for 12 years in a row, and then are expected to throw yourself into college for another four, seems crazy not to take a little break. In reality, my break was only supposed to be one semester... which turned in to two years. I don't regret it though, after two years I was genuinely excited to go back. Plus, had I not taken my little leave of absence I would have graduated prior to meeting the Squeeze!

My family was always on my case about going back to school, my grandmother especially. Every time I would visit it was "school this... school that." I think it brought a lot of relief to everyone when graduation came around. To honor our artistic achievements, a bunch of fellow soon-to-be-graduates and myself got together and painted our caps. Obviously this was the theme I went with, I thought it was pretty clever *insert grin here*.

You're next, Squeeze!




2 comments: