Thursday, May 21, 2015

Heat



Feel the heat! Well, almost. Spring is in full bloom but we've been having some chilly days here and there. I find it's warm enough to shut the rinnai heater off, the squeeze not so much. I also like to sleep with the window cracked these days, again, the squeeze not so much. The squeeze's rents, Birdman and Mrs.Birdman (is that kosher??) finally got their fire pit in! 

We trekked up there late one night after I escaped from work, made some grilled shrimp and veggie skewers, and relaxed by the lava rocks and jumping flames. For a while I had the view to myself, I watched with wide eyes as the large June bugs flew themselves violently into the fire. Upon landing they would sizzle, after a couple seconds you would hear a loud pop. The image I picture is something similar to that of a popcorn kernel bursting, but much less appetizing. They continued to to this the entire night, buzzzzzz pop.

I do love fire pits though. Ones fueled by wood are the best for one thing; s'mores. I could eat s'mores every day. S'mores season is coming, I can almost taste it!

5 comments:

  1. Terrific fire shot!

    You know, I've never had s'mores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've never had s'mores or cornbread?? We need to get you on the food bandwagon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know that Mrs. Birdman has never experienced the firepit yet???

    ReplyDelete