Saturday, May 16, 2015

MOD



I'll admit, talking about the rally made me pretty nostalgic. When we went I was still in school and only working part-time, I had the freedom and flexibility to go to a lot of places and see a lot of things. These days that freedom seems to have been put on hold. So I started backtracking through photos from around the time the Poker Run was taking place and remembered that my friend and I also made it out to MOD that year.

MOD, or Mitsubishi Owners Day, happens on both the East and West coast. My first and second cars were both Mitsubishi's, I'd heard about MOD before but again, never had the sort of friend base that was interested in doing automotive things. Now that I had not only one, but two female friends who were not only fellow Mitsubishi owners, but also car enthusiasts, it was extremely exciting to get the chance to go to these events. I drove down to RI and stayed at my friend's home in Warwick, the next morning we took her car down to King of Prussia where we spent the night. A bunch of fellow attendees lived in Philly so we had a small gathering at Hooter's in KOP. Not only my first Hooter's experience, but also my first fried pickles experience. MOD took place in Camden, NJ so the next morning one bridge and 40 minutes later we were in Mitsubishi heaven.

Our CT friend arrived there with her crew shortly after and the three of us pranced through the rows of cars like a trio of bambies. It was a great day, lots of shiny custom paint jobs and bright wheels for us to drool over, raffles, T-shirts, food, and music.

I recap on this experience positively because it meant a lot to me. Us three prancing bambies no longer speak to one another, and I traded in my three diamonds for six stars. Perhaps in TX there will be more opportunities and new friends. But I will always have a soft spot for Mitsubishi.

1 comment: