Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Little Bird



This little guy just arrived in my mailbox the other day, and I couldn't be happier. He hails from Connecticut, which means I only have 48 more states to go. Only! I guess my collection is going to take a lot longer than I anticipated *nervous laugh* Oh well, I'll get there. He's a little 4 x 4 oil painting, a swallow to be exact (I don't have the sort of budget yet to splurge on big ol' pieces). The painter included a mini easel with him and wrapped everything up in the cutest way possible. I almost didn't want to unwrap it. So here he sits contently on our fake mantel.

I must admit I may have a problem though. You see, when I checked out my account on Etsy for tracking info to see if this little bird was delivered yet, I may or may not have stumbled upon something that I had to have. You'll have to wait and see once it arrives. Although it doesn't fit my criteria for this collection, it's a photograph and from Canada, perhaps this means I'll just have to start another collection of non-paintings from countries around the world. At this point I will either have to learn to comfortably live broke, or find a job that will sustain my art habit.

But how can you say no to that little bird?!

3 comments:

  1. I really like it!! Where is your other painting from??
    You do know, doncha, that we have called your squeeze lil bird from the day he was born? He's our lil bird, always has been. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The other one is from CO!

      I think you may have told me once :) If that's not the cutest nickname then I don't know what is!

      Delete