Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Poppies



This is a painting my former boss commissioned me to do as a gift for his wife, she was graduating from Maine Law and he wanted to give her something she wasn't going to expect. I had to give him credit, thinking outside the box and such. The Mrs was thrilled about it which made me very happy, it's always nerve-wracking when you create something for someone else, the fear of them not liking it always lingers in the back of my head.

I painted this last spring. Sadly, I haven't painted a single thing since then. An artist with an art degree not making art? What would happen if butterflies stopped being butterflies? There would be fewer poppies in the world to paint. These days I'm simply too busy for my hobbies and interests. Even monarch butterflies make the time to pollinate before traveling to Mexico for the winter. The squeeze gets on my case about letting my beautiful easel he purchased for me collect dust. He's completely right.

My goal since the new year has been to pull my paints and brushes out from the cobwebs, I haven't been very good about this goal but perhaps this is the opportunity to start.

8 comments:

  1. Love that painting!! I have one of her masterpieces, too! I selected the same goal for this year. So far, doing pretty good. It's very, very hard with time being tight and you HAVE to be in the mood. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's SO difficult to get the motivation to start something, good for you for sticking to you!

      Delete
  2. Oh you must Yelena, talent like that needs to get out and onto a canvas :) That painting is such a happy vibrant work, would lift anybody's spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you must Yelena, talent like that needs to get out and onto a canvas :) That painting is such a happy vibrant work, would lift anybody's spirits.

    ReplyDelete