Monday, February 16, 2015

Grumpy Cat



How I long for Sundays. Listen to me, it's only Monday and I'm already starting off the week with a Grumpy Cat disposition. Although the weekend storm occurred, it didn't wreak havoc on the greater Portland area. Despite this positive news, work called us in an hour early today to clean up the parking lot. Not exactly music to my ears. So 7am was spent in snow pants (Ellen I owe you big time), scraping off cars and rearranging our parking lot so the plow could make its way through. 

Before I worked at a dealership it never occurred to that some body has to clean up and move the 100+ cars in the lot, just like it never occurred to me that every year the poor souls working at The Maine Mall have to open and disperse what seem like thousands of Christmas decorations, only to put it all away again.

Sundays are great because all the dealerships in Maine are closed. I can relax at home in my USM sweatpants and look out our majestic living room windows. We get quite the display of light filtered throughout our apartment, it leaves a pleasant warm hue on the walls. Pig often hangs out on the lounge and watches the cars and people making their way down Cumberland Ave, this is one of the best views she's had in the many apartments we've lived in.

How lovely it would be to live life as a cat. To never have to worry about a bill, school loan or snow removal, just the occasional hairball or flea. 


6 comments:

  1. You're welcome!! I couldn't live without mine. If it wasn't so goofy, I might consider wearing them all winter long, inside and out!! It sure makes a difference when you have to be outside around these parts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I have to wear them for work, I tend to just leave them on all day haha

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful scene with that diffuse light. All shops are closed on Sundays here in Germany. It's sometimes a pain, but at least everyone has one day to really relax.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah the life of a cat. One of our cats was warming herself on my car----little feet prints all over. Grrr!
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this shot. Looks warm and inviting.

    ReplyDelete