Saturday, August 8, 2015

Last Day



We officially said goodbye to our first apartment on July 31st. It was a bittersweet day, not only did I emotionally part ways with my job and coworkers, but I came home to this empty space after finishing up an 11 hour work day. Seeing the bare walls and empty shelves was a little too much for my already fragile state and I broke down into a heaping pile of snot and tears. It didn't help that Pig attempted to climb the ladder to the loft when it wasn't secure and it nearly crashed down on her, causing her to hyperventilate and wet herself. She was a shaking mess when I got home, not the best situation to add to our already stressful night.

We finally managed to pack up the last few things laying around and hauled the mattress on top of the truck. We piled our apartment keys on the counter, took one last tour of our soon-to-be-former-place, and headed out (all the while sobbing of course). I miss our little apartment so much, don't get me wrong, not paying any rent ain't that bad, but there was just something about that big old spooky building that I loved. We're staying at the squeeze's rents' home in Buxton until our move, a big 'thank you' to them for housing us!

They have a beautiful home with gorgeous gardens surrounding every nook, plus, we exchanged the mattress in the spare room for our own mattress (I <3 you memory foam) so our temporary living situation is pretty darn good. We've been so busy organizing things/seeing friends/soaking in Maine that I almost forgot I had a blog. 9 Days!

3 comments:

  1. We love having you here, we will be very sad to see you go. But on to new and exciting adventures. That's how I ended up in Maine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Empty rooms always make me a bit sad... what was. But think of all the new rooms you get to fill and call your own.

    ReplyDelete