Friday, August 21, 2015

Two Years

First I would like to take a moment and say *happy anniversary* to my beloved squeeze! Yesterday marked two glorious years of having this goofy wonderful guy in my life, thank you for being you!

**Things I've learned about DC: It's beautiful here, the architecture is such that I can't even wrap my head around it. Everything is massive! The buildings aren't just big, they're practically continents. And even the things that aren't buildings are enormous, I mean, just look at the Washington Monument and its lawn. We realized that since all these stone and concrete constructions are several blocks long, that all of the attractions are several blocks away from each other.**

Walking is no joke in DC. We did master the metro which helped significantly, but boy are we beat. We had so much fun though, there are so many things to see here! First stop was the National Museum of Natural History.






OBVIOUSLY we had to find the dinosaur section, and it was a necessity for me to take a hundred photos in this section alone.


We came across a small ancient Egyptian section which had actual.real.mummies on display. I love Egyptian history, I wish this section had been larger!
Love was in the air in the insect sanctuary.



















We had to make a visit to the Air and Space Museum, I basically just followed the squeeze around while he geeked out and constantly bombarded me with Space Shuttle facts.












We ended the night with a stop at a Hard Rock Cafe for dinner, on the way we spotted the famous Ford's Theatre. Our bartender told us it's still an active theatre, he said they show A Christmas Carol here during the holidays. I'm not sure if I'm superstitious or not, but I don't know if I'd see a play here... Checkout is noon, off to Raleigh!

2 comments:

  1. I know Ford's is not only still active for a theatre (for many years they weren't), but it's also something of a museum.

    I'd be quite happy to spend a lot of time in the museums there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're having a wonderful time!!! Stay safe and drive carefully. Babka is so looking forward to seeing you!! <3

    ReplyDelete