Monday, August 10, 2015

Fort Williams



During our last couple weeks in Maine the squeeze and I have been trying to catch up on all things local, soaking in the last bit of our east coast home. I haven't been to Fort Williams in ages so we trekked out there one gorgeous afternoon. In case you didn't know, Fort Williams is where the infamous Portland Head Light sits, you know, that lighthouse that everyone thinks of when they hear Maine. Despite its cliche-ness, it's actually a really pretty view and is definitely something to check out if you're ever in Maine!


There are some crazy ruins throughout Fort Williams, including the Goddard Mansion and several forts overlooking Casco Bay. These days all of the entrances to the mansion are blocked off by fences, probably because less-than-intelligent people have attempted to climb the interior walls or have vandalized the property. Or maybe bricks fell and crushed them, who knows. I remember when I was a kid you could walk through the remains of the building, I loved the spooky vibe it gave off and it was one of my favorite places to visit.


The squeeze striking an epic pose before we headed home, the fact that he's wearing a Jurassic World t-shirt only solidifies my love for him. One week!

2 comments:

  1. The Goddard Mansion: one of my favorite places to photograph over the years... and ya can't beat the location.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lighthouse particularly stands out to me!

    ReplyDelete