Wednesday, January 21, 2015

New Collection



I've always wanted a collection of artwork, preferably not of my own (although I do like to occasionally toot my own horn). I've always wanted to have a wall filled to the edges with paintings, drawings, hearty sketches, etc. A piece from all 50 states would be ideal.

I finally took the plunge and purchased this adorable little oil still life on Etsy. It hails from Montrose, Colorado from an artist named Pamela Munger. It's relatively small, about 5x7, and is painted on a beveled wood panel.

I love my newest little art addition! Even though it does look a little like a poorly painted tennis ball (these are the words of a comical friend, not mine).

In a world where everything doesn't cost a million dollars, I would already have four walls filled with artwork of sorts. Unfortunately, this is reality and even small pieces like this cost quite a bit.

*le sigh*

Why does art have to be so expensive?? I should probably know the answer to this Q seeing as how I ended up with a Fine Arts degree. Frankly, I don't though. Perhaps I should start selling my art out the wazoo just so I can afford to pay other artists out the wazoo. Sounds like a vicious cycle.

Anyhoo, cheers to at least taking the first step towards this goal. Only 49 more states to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment