Saturday, January 24, 2015

That Face



This is how I feel every morning that I'm required to get up early; dazed and confused. Pig does a great job reflecting my inner monologue via her facial expressions. I'm not sure what her deal is or why she looks so tired, she's a cat. I mean, I'm sure it's a full-time gig being adorable all the time, but come on.

I've always wanted to be a morning person, I rather like the idea of getting up early enough in the day where I can accomplish everything I set out to do and then some. But I'll tell you something, getting up before the sun is even awake just doesn't seem natural. Even after eight hours of hibernation, once that alarm summons me it feels like I just went to sleep mere minutes ago. 

Ugh. It's a constant battle I have with myself; get up early and accomplish all my tasks, or get sleep drunk.

It doesn't help that for Christmas the squeeze got me this amazing flannel comforter cover from LL.Bean. It's like sleeping under a wonderful down flannel cloud. I'm also insistent on leaving the temps low at night so I can sleep comfortably (thank my dad for his frugalness and never turning the heat on so you were required to sleep in a snowsuit), so when it's time to crawl out of bed the chilly floors and air nip at you.

Long story short, I am not a morning person, but strive to become one.


No comments:

Post a Comment