Thursday, January 22, 2015

Shiny Red Apple



I'll be the first to admit I'm in love with my car. I have no shame. Everyone, I'd like for you to meet, Scarlett Johansson. No, not the actress. This is the name I've picked for my car. Again, no shame.

Ever since I developed an interest in anything auto, I've been dying to get a "sports" car of my own. You can all keep your Corvettes and Porches, I'm perfectly content with my loud and abrupt rally car. It's the first manual I've ever owned, and I couldn't be happier with a 6-speed. Not that the convenience of driving an automatic downtown isn't nice (getting stuck going up State St. during rush hour in a "hand-shaker" is one of the worst things I've experienced), but I really love the feeling of throwing the car into gear. 

It was a goal I set out to accomplish and I totally achieved it *hallelujah*.

Sometimes I miss my old Lulzer with its astonishingly bright yellow neon 18" wheels... but then I remember I traded it in just as the tranny was about to go... and then I cringe and think how lucky I was... and then I stop missing it. Ok, that's not true. That car will always be special to me: bright blue with blinding rims, you could see it from 12 miles away and everyone recognized it.

I waited five months for the new car while it was being built and shipped over from Japan. It felt like the longest wait in history. I'm sure people have waited much longer than me for much more important things... but five months for a car is pretty long. Totally worth is though!! I love love love it. This is not the last you will see of Scarlett Johansson. 

I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment