Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Florida Part II



We were pretty beat after the previous night's shenanigans but on we mushed! After a good night's rest we made our way over to Epcot for the first half of the day. I have a photo of my parents standing in front of the big 'golf ball' so bits and pieces of our visit started coming back to me. We made it to several rides before the rain hit, we even managed to chug coffee in-between. That actually wasn't a particularly great idea because we went on Mission: Space afterwards where we experienced g-force in a centrifuge *barf*








For dinner the squeeze brought me to Mexico! No, but seriously, we headed to the World Showcase and dropped by a large Aztec pyramid. The squeeze was adamant about going inside for food, I wasn't entirely convinced by the exterior but I've learned to trust his suggestions, especially since he he's visited Disney nearly 100 times. 

Inside the pyramid we entered a little Mexican town set-up with stands selling handmade goods, he pulled me to the far back where this entire new Aztec pyramid amidst rows of tables was tucked away! There was a little river wrapped around the pyramid, and the volcano to the right would occasionally bubble up and create a low rumble. The food was delicious, and the margaritas were even more delicious! I loved this restaurant, it's probably one of my favorite stops in our three days of adventures.




After dinner we hopped onto the monorail and made our way to Magic Kingdom, it was gray and misty out but we made it work with our Disney ponchos that we bought at Animal Kingdom the day before. Plus, the rain made for some great photos once the sun went down!
















Once we finished up at Tomorrowland we heard a thunderous *boom* so we ran back to Cinderella's Castle just in time to see the fireworks show, it was beautiful! We even managed to catch the Disney's Electrical Parade, finishing up the night around midnight, overall a very successful day! 

Then we had to get back to our car... at Epcot. It takes two monorails to travel between the two parks, and everyone was leaving Magic Kingdom the same time we were. We managed to get through one monorail trip, but the second one was closed so we had to take a bus back which didn't arrive until late. After all was set and done with stopping to get gas, we arrived home somewhere around 2:30 in the morning... I think... honestly it was a blur for the both of us since we slept until almost noon.

It was a memorable day for sure!






5 comments:

  1. You know, I often think about what Walt Disney himself would think if he was able to see all this. Just amazing.
    There are Disney Cruises, too, you know. ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just, the posting time is correct....Pig and I are up and about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually posted this central time, so an hour earlier! This new time change has messed with us numerous times already.

      Delete
  3. I was at Disney there when I was a child. I have the odd memory of the place.

    ReplyDelete